- considering moving to Finland?
- already in Finland?
- or just interested in learning more about Finland?
This course is for you!
Do you want to know
- the basics about the Finnish working culture?
- what Finns are like?
- about housing and housing costs?
- how to enjoy the four seasons?
This course is for you!
In this course, we'll provide you with a crash course to Finland. This course works as an introductory course to all things Finnish. It's not meant to be an exhaustive guide but rather a starting place for further exploration. The goal is to provide you with a good understanding of the enjoyable as well as the challenging aspects about Finland.
We have carefully curated the content we present here. We give you an honest, open, and informative view of Finland in a convenient format. All videos have subtitles so you can watch them even while commuting to work!
If you are just thinking about moving to Finland, going through this tutorial will give you a realistic idea of what living here might entail.
- Introduction to Section 3: History, Languages, Religions, and Politics of Finland (1:03)
- History of Finland: The Swedish Era (5:50)
- History of Finland: Under the Russian Rule as a Grand Duchy (5:38)
- History of Finland: Early Years of the Independence Through the Second World War (6:31)
- History of Finland: Finland after the Second World War (7:09)
- History of Finland: Finland in the European Union (4:33)
- Languages Spoken in Finland (6:36)
- Religions in Finland (5:45)
- Politics in Finland (4:37)
- Recap of Section 3: History, Languages, Religions, and Politics of Finland (2:34)
- Introduction to Section 4: Living and Working in Finland (2:33)
- Housing and Household Expenses (5:57)
- Safe and Clean (4:37)
- Notes on Healthcare (5:54)
- Work Culture in Finland (7:04)
- Notes On Education in Finland (5:59)
- National Character (6:47)
- Recap of Section 4: Living and Working in Finland (3:33)
Here's a brief introduction to the course: take a look!
Minna and Heidi, the two co-founders of Finnwards, have made it their mission to help you build a fulfilling and joyous life here in Finland. To accomplish this, they have built a series of courses that guide you through different aspects of Finnish life. With their research skills you can rest assured that each tidbit of information is well-sourced. The voice you hear and the face you see is that of Minna although the courses themselves could have created by either one of them or by both of them jointly.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for a year - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
"Well made and good explanations in the videos - good variety of topics also!"
Course review by Client A
"The online course is very informative and clear. The information provided is very interesting. The course environment is easy to manipulate."
Course review by Client B
"Well, I definitely wish I had watched the weather videos while I was deciding to move to Helsinki. Your explanation of spring was especially helpful, while discouraging in its reality (I come from a place where spring begins much earlier)."
Course review by Client C