- negotiating your contract and soon relocating to Finland for work?
- already working in Finland?
- an academic coming to work in a Finnish university?
- moving up into a supervisory position?
- a part of your company's HR team and looking for an easy way to familiarize your company's new recruits to the governing rules of the Finnish working life?
This tutorial is for you!
Do you want to know
- what are the rights and responsibilities of employees in Finland;
- how one can find out about the correct salary levels in Finland;
- what is in a Finnish employment contract;
- how employees earn vacation days;
- what to do if you fall sick; and
- what happens in terms of work when you are having a baby?
This tutorial is for you!
In this tutorial we go through all of this and more. You'll learn what the basic rules are and where to find more information if you need it. You'll feel more secure in your employment relationship with your Finnish employer. You'll not only know what your rights are but also know what your employer is legally allowed to expect from you. Included in the price of the tutorial is access to our exclusive Facebook group for a year.
We promise that after completing this tutorial, you'll know more about the rules and regulations that govern the Finnish working life than an average Finn!
If your company would like to purchase this tutorial for your employees, please contact us at [email protected]
Minna and Heidi, the two owners of Finnwards, have made it their mission to help you build a fulfilling and joyous life here in Finland. To accomplish this, they have built a series of tutorials that guide you through different aspects of Finnish life. With their researching skills you can rest assured that each tidbit of information is well-sourced. The voice you hear and the face you see is that of Minna although the tutorials themselves are always jointly created.
StartIntroduction to Section 1: The employment contract (1:37)
StartContents of the employment contract (3:28)
StartEmployment Contract: fixed-term or permanent contract? (3:51)
StartEmployment Contract: trial period (2:18)
StartEmployment Contract: the location of the job, job description, and the applicable collective agreement (4:04)
StartEmployment Contract: salary, the working hours, and the annual leave (4:16)
StartEmployment Contract: terms of notice and other terms (3:28)
StartRecap of Section 1: the employment contract (2:30)
StartIntroduction to Section 2: Responsibilities and obligations, changing the employment contract (1:35)
StartYour employer's obligations and rights, and their limitations (6:04)
StartChanging the terms and conditions of the employment contract: a short intro (0:45)
StartChanging the terms: job description (3:07)
StartChanging the terms: transferring the employee to another location (3:52)
StartChanging the terms: working hours, salary, and perks (4:22)
StartYour obligations as an employee (4:50)
StartRecap of Section 2: the rights and obligations & changing the employment contract (2:03)
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a Must Have Tutorial on the Finnish Working Life