- negotiating your contract and soon relocating to Finland for work?
- already working in Finland?
- moving up into a supervisory position?
- a part of your company's HR team and looking for an easy way to familiarize your company's new recruits to the governing rules of the Finnish working life?
This course is for you!
Do you want to know
- what are the rights and responsibilities of employees in Finland;
- how one can find out about the correct salary levels in Finland;
- what is in a Finnish employment contract;
- how employees earn vacation days;
- what to do if you fall ill; and
- what happens in terms of work when you are having a baby?
This course is for you!
In this course, we go through all of this and more. After taking this course you
- know what the basic rules are both for you and for your employee in a variety of different situations (illness, family leave, vacation, etc.),
- know where to find more information if you need it,
- feel more secure in your employment relationship with your Finnish employer because you know what you can expect from your employer and what what your employer is entitled to expect from you.
The course is nearly is over 3.5 hours long. Below you can find the course curriculum. In addition to the video lectures, the course includes handouts and links to further resources.
We promise that after completing this course, you'll know more about the rules and regulations that govern the Finnish working life than an average Finn!
If your company would like to purchase this course for your employees, please contact us at [email protected]
Minna and Heidi, the two co-founders of Finnwards, have made it their mission to help you build a fulfilling and joyous life here in Finland. To accomplish this, they have built a series of courses that guide you through different aspects of Finnish life. With their research skills you can rest assured that each tidbit of information is well-sourced. The voice you hear and the face you see is that of Minna although the courses themselves could have created by either one of them or by both of them jointly.
StartIntroduction to Section 1: The employment contract (1:37)
StartContents of the employment contract (3:28)
StartEmployment Contract: fixed-term or permanent contract? (3:51)
StartEmployment Contract: trial period (2:18)
StartEmployment Contract: the location of the job, job description, and the applicable collective agreement (4:04)
StartEmployment Contract: salary, the working hours, and the annual leave (4:16)
StartEmployment Contract: terms of notice and other terms (3:28)
StartRecap of Section 1: the employment contract (2:30)
StartIntroduction to Section 2: Responsibilities and obligations, changing the employment contract (1:35)
StartYour employer's obligations and rights, and their limitations (6:04)
StartChanging the terms and conditions of the employment contract: a short intro (0:45)
StartChanging the terms: job description (3:07)
StartChanging the terms: transferring the employee to another location (3:52)
StartChanging the terms: working hours, salary, and perks (4:22)
StartYour obligations as an employee (4:50)
StartRecap of Section 2: the rights and obligations & changing the employment contract (1:52)
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a Must Have Course on the Finnish Working Life