- looking for work in Finland?
- just about to agree to an offer made by a Finnish company?
Do you want to
- check if you and your future employer have discussed everything that should be discussed?
- know what the different terms of a Finnish employment contract actually mean?
This course is for you!
In this course, we go over the principal terms of a Finnish employment contract. We promise that after the course you'll know
- what topics should legally be discussed before the employment starts;
- what those terms mean; and
- why they are defined the way that they are.
You'll feel safe signing that dotted line!
Minna and Heidi, the two co-founders of Finnwards, have made it their mission to help you build a fulfilling and joyous life here in Finland. To accomplish this, they have built a series of courses that guide you through different aspects of Finnish life. With their research skills you can rest assured that each tidbit of information is well-sourced. The voice you hear and the face you see is that of Minna although the courses themselves could have created by either one of them or by both of them jointly.
StartWhat you'll learn in this course (1:49)
StartOverview of Finnish employment contracts (3:27)
StartFixed-term or permanent employment contracts (3:52)
StartTrial period (2:16)
StartJob location, job description, and the applicable collective agreement (4:15)
StartSalary, working hours, and the annual leave (4:21)
StartTerms of notice and other possible terms (3:35)
StartWhat to take away from this minicourse (2:33)
StartTest your knowledge
Frequently Asked Questions
Just about to sign your first Finnish employment contract? Take this course to make sure you've covered all your bases!