- looking for work in Finland?
- just about to agree to an offer made by a Finnish company?
Do you want to
- check if you and your future employer have discussed everything that should be discussed?
- know what the different terms of a Finnish employment contract actually mean?
This course is for you!
In this course, we go over the principal terms of a Finnish employment contract. We promise that after the course you'll know
- what topics should legally be discussed before the employment starts;
- what those terms mean; and
- why they are defined the way that they are.
You'll feel safe signing that dotted line!
Minna and Heidi, the two co-founders of Finnwards, have made it their mission to help you build a fulfilling and joyous life here in Finland. To accomplish this, they have built a series of courses that guide you through different aspects of Finnish life. With their research skills you can rest assured that each tidbit of information is well-sourced. The voice you hear and the face you see is that of Minna although the tutorials themselves are always jointly created.
StartWhat you'll learn in this course (1:49)
StartOverview of Finnish employment contracts (3:27)
StartFixed-term or permanent employment contracts (3:52)
StartTrial period (2:16)
StartJob location, job description, and the applicable collective agreement (4:15)
StartSalary, working hours, and the annual leave (4:21)
StartTerms of notice and other possible terms (3:35)
StartWhat to take away from this minicourse (2:33)
StartTest your knowledge
Frequently Asked Questions
Just about to sign your first Finnish employment contract? Take this course to make sure you've covered all your bases!